Boundries of the Late Pleistocene

Have the range of dates regarded as "Late Pleistocene" ever changed?
Specifically, my conundrum is that I'm consulting a ~50 year old source
(http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/2027.42/48593/2/ID455.pdf) on some
local fossils (the Fenton Lake bony fish) and in one place in the paper it
refers to remains as "Late Pleistocene" (page 6) but in another area a chart
implies that the fossils are at most a hair over five thousand years old (page
32). That date falls into the mid Holocene, so I'm wondering if paleontologists
have ever regarded such recent dates as Late Pleistocene.

~ Abyssal