RE: Boundries of the Late Pleistocene

While the boundary date for the Holocene (and thus the end of the Pleistocene)
have indeed changed over time based on changing
definition and geochronology, I don't think it has ever been as young as 5ka!

BTW, current boundary is 11,700 calendar yrs b2k (the only unit that uses 2000
CE rather than 1950 as "the present"):
https://engineering.purdue.edu/Stratigraphy/references/HoloceneGSSP_JQuatSci090.pdf

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084