Dinosaur morphological diversity and the end-Cretaceous extinction paper, 2012

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/journal/v3/n5/full/ncomms1815.html
Stephen L. Brusatte,     Richard J. Butler,      Albert Prieto-Márquez   &
Mark A. Norell

"The extinction of non-avian dinosaurs 65 million years ago is a
perpetual topic of fascination, and lasting debate has focused on
whether dinosaur biodiversity was in decline before end-Cretaceous
volcanism and bolide impact. Here we calculate the morphological
disparity (anatomical variability) exhibited by seven major dinosaur
subgroups during the latest Cretaceous, at both global and regional
scales. Our results demonstrate both geographic and clade-specific
heterogeneity. Large-bodied bulk-feeding herbivores (ceratopsids and
hadrosauroids) and some North American taxa declined in disparity
during the final two stages of the Cretaceous, whereas carnivorous
dinosaurs, mid-sized herbivores, and some Asian taxa did not. Late
Cretaceous dinosaur evolution, therefore, was complex: there was no
universal biodiversity trend and the intensively studied North
American record may reveal primarily local patterns. At least some
dinosaur groups, however, did endure long-term declines in
morphological variability before their extinction."

What's up with this article, it's listed as, not Nature, but Nature
Communications? Is there going to be an actual article published in
Nature soon? I wanted to request it via ILL but, what am I even
requesting, an actual full Nature article or some 'notice' of a study
in "Nature Communications"? Forgive my ignorance.

--
Robert J. Schenck
Kingsborough Community College