Pdf requests was Re: JVP 32 (3): Argentinean neosauropods and a Chinese enantiornithean

I apologize for bothering the list on another pdf request, but I would be
grateful to anyone who could send me a copy of Salgado, Canudo, Garrido and
Carballido (2012) and Mannion and Otero (2012) (see below for full references).

Also, does anyone know where I might obtain a pdf of: Gilmore, C.W. 1936.
Osteology of Apatosaurus with special reference to specimens in the Carnegie
Museum. Memoirs of the Carnegie Museum 11:175-300? I've searched the internet
for a copy but cannot find one.

Best,

Zach

>________________________________

bus* is one of the earliest-named Argentinean dinosaurs. The holotype comprises
a complete forelimb, probably from the upper member of the Bajo Barreal
Formation (Late Cretaceous), Chubut Province. Numerous remains have been
referred to *Argyrosaurus* from Argentina and Uruguay; however, the type
specimen has not been adequately diagnosed and referrals have predominantly
been based upon their large size. Here we redescribe *Argyrosaurus*,
demonstrating it to be a valid titanosaur genus based on five autapomorphies,
as well as an unique character combination. The exact placement of
*Argyrosaurus* within Titanosauria is uncertain, although the probable presence
of carpal bones, otherwise unknown in titanosaurs, may indicate a basal
position. None of the referred remains can be attributed to *Argyrosaurus*, and
most should be regarded as indeterminate titanosauriforms. The exception to
this is a partial skeleton from the
 lower member of the Bajo Barreal Formation (early Late Cretaceous), Chubut
Province, comprising dorsal and caudal vertebrae, as well as numerous
appendicular elements. This specimen is distinct from *Argyrosaurus* and can
also be differentiated from other sauropods based on an unusual character
combination (including plesiomorphic tarsus), plus one autapomorphy. *Elaltitan
lilloi*, gen. et sp. nov., displays numerous titanosaur characters and shares
several features with derived taxa such as *Neuquensaurus*,
*Opisthocoelicaudia*, *Rapetosaurus*, *Saltasaurus*, and *Trigonosaurus*.
*Elaltitan* can be referred to Lithostrotia; however, its precise position
within this clade must await future phylogenetic analysis. The revision and
description of the titanosaurs *Argyrosaurus* and *Elaltitan* provides new
information on this diverse but still poorly understood clade.

>Hu, D., X. Xu, L. Hou & C. Sullivan, 2012.  A new enantiornithine bird from
>the Lower Cretaceous of Western Liaoning, China, and its implications for
>early avian evolution.  Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 32 (3): 639-645.
>
>Abstract:  Recent studies have blurred the distinctness of two major avian
>groups: the Enantiornithes, a major radiation of early birds in the
>Cretaceous, and the Ornithuromorpha, the clade including extant birds. Here we
>describe a new enantiornithine bird from the Lower Cretaceous Jiufotang
>Formation of western Liaoning, China, *Xiangornis shenmi*, gen. et sp. nov.,
>which further reduces the morphological gap between the two groups.
>*Xiangornis shenmi* has several enantiornithine features, including a furcula
>with a significantly elongated hypocleidium, a coracoid with a convex lateral
>margin, and a minor metacarpal that extends further distally than the major
>metacarpal. However, it also possesses some derived ornithurine features, such
>as a short alular metacarpal (about one-sixth as long as the major metacarpal)
>that is completely fused to the major metacarpal, a large extensor process on
>the alular metacarpal, pr
 between
 the minor and major metacarpals, and an intermetacarpal space positioned
significantly distal to the alular metacarpal. This new find indicates that a
carpometacarpal morphology similar to that seen in modern birds probably
evolved independently in enantiornithines and appeared earlier than in
Ornithuromorpha, and demonstrates that character evolution in early birds was
more complex than previously believed.