Re: Pdf requests was Re: JVP 32 (3): Argentinean neosauropods and a Chinese enantiornithean

Thanks to Denver, Dan and Mike for sending me these papers, I now have them
all. If anyone else wants one, feel free to contact me.

Best,
Zach

>________________________________

us behavior. The paleoenvironments in which rebbachisaurids are normally
recorded implies a greater tolerance toward extremely arid environments than
that shown by macronarian sauropods.

>>Mannion, P.D. & A. Otero, 2012. A reappraisal of the Late Cretaceous
>>Argentinean sauropod dinosaur *Argyrosaurus superbus*, with a description of
>>a new titanosaur genus.  Journal of Vertebrate Pa
>bus* is one of the earliest-named Argentinean dinosaurs. The holotype
>comprises a complete forelimb, probably from the upper member of the Bajo
>Barreal Formation (Late Cretaceous), Chubut Province. Numerous remains have
>been referred to *Argyrosaurus* from Argentina and Uruguay; however, the type
>specimen has not been adequately diagnosed and referrals have predominantly
>been based upon their large size. Here we redescribe *Argyrosaurus*,
>demonstrating it to be a valid titanosaur genus based on five autapomorphies,
>as well as an unique character combination. The exact placement of
>*Argyrosaurus* within Titanosauria is uncertain, although the probable
>presence of carpal bones, otherwise unknown in titanosaurs, may indicate a
>basal position. None of the referred remains can be attributed to
>*Argyrosaurus*, and most should be regarded as indeterminate titanosauriforms.
>The exception to this is a partial skeleton from the
>lower member of the Bajo Barreal Formation (early Late Cretaceous), Chubut
>Province, comprising dorsal and caudal vertebrae, as well as numerous
>appendicular elements. This specimen is distinct from *Argyrosaurus* and can
>also be differentiated from other sauropods based on an unusual character
>combination (including plesiomorphic tarsus), plus one autapomorphy.
>*Elaltitan lilloi*, gen. et sp. nov., displays numerous titanosaur characters
>and shares several features with derived taxa such as *Neuquensaurus*,
>*Opisthocoelicaudia*, *Rapetosaurus*, *Saltasaurus*, and *Trigonosaurus*.
>*Elaltitan* can be referred to Lithostrotia; however, its precise position
>within this clade must await future phylogenetic analysis
tion of the titanosaurs *Argyrosaurus* and *Elaltitan* provides new information
on this diverse but still poorly understood clade.