Re: Abstracts should summarise (Was: Sauropod methane emissions)

On 5/7/2012 6:21 PM, Dann Pigdon wrote:
On Tue, May 8th, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Don Ohmes<d_ohmes@yahoo.com>  wrote:

and show that the production of the greenhouse gas methane
by sauropods could have been an important factor in warm Mesozoic
climates.

I wonder if they exploded when caught in wildfires? The sauropods, that is...

Perhaps they drifted safely and majestically above the fires like Mesozoic
zeppelins, reaching
downwards with their long necks to feed on the trees below. Until that fateful
day at the end of the
Cretaceous, when they all crashed and burned like fleshy Hindenbergs.

Oh, the sauropodanity!

Er, OK, I stand corrected -- I guess I was thinking more like gigantic propane trucks, or a walking landfill.