Re: Yurgovuchia, new dromaeosaurid from Utah

If anyone thinks the position of Archaeopteryx, Anchiornis, and Xiaotingia
are settled relative to each other, to Avialae, and to Deinonychosauria,
forget it.

These taxa seem close enough morphologically to the actual divergence that
they will remain in no certain position for long between new specimens and
analyses.

On Tue, May 15, 2012 9:48 pm, Robert Schenck wrote:
> Didn't Lee 2011's "likelihood reinstates archaeopteryx as a primitive
> bird", already er, reinstate archeaopteryx as a bird?
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Mickey Mortimer
> <mickey_mortimer111@msn.com> wrote:
>>
>>See what I meant about waiting for other analyses to confirm Xu et al.'s
>> finding before accepting >it?  Also contra Xu et al., Anchiornis and
>> Xiaotingia aren't archaeopterygids and don't form a
>>clade,
> snip
>>
>> Mickey Mortimer

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.