RE: Theropod auctions (RE: ankylosaur turbinates)

The formation that preserves Jinfengopteryx is like the Yixian in that it
flattens specimens, so anything that can be mounted is unlikely to be
Jinfengopteryx.  As for which country the mounted specimen comes from, I
couldn't say.  Note small troodontids are known from Mongolia too though- IGM
100/44, 100/1128, 100/1323.

Mickey Mortimer