Re: Microraptor hanqingi, new species from China.

I suspect this is a fully mature M. zhaoianus in which ontogeny has been
confused for taxonomy. It is not all that much bigger, 10%, than published
specimens of the latter.

That it is so Sinornithosaurus like reinforces that these are very close,
probably congeneric relatives. The new UT dromaeosaur cladogram showing these
widely phylogentically separated shows how cladistics can lead one down the
garden path.

The data I have on multiple specimens shows these were highly arboreal with
limited time spent on the ground. Could sprawl but also stand erect.

Venomous my foot.

GSPaul

</HTML>