Re: Largest Camarasaurus specimens

 Does any one have any references for the largest Camarasaurus
 specimens (especially C. supremus). I've heard size estimates of 23
 meters long and 47 tonnes

I have no idea, but I can say with a fair amount of certainty that 47 tonnes for a 23-m-long animal that is not a whale is ludicrous. 10 t, OK; 20 t, OK; 30 t, if it's proportioned like a sumo wrestler, why not. 47 t? No way.

I guess this figure was derived by measuring the water displacement of a commercial model that violated Holtz's First Rule of Skeletal Restoration*, using the rounded density of an unspecified lizard.

* "If the skeleton doesn't fit inside the model, the model is wrong."