Re: Largest Camarasaurus specimens

47t is high for Giraffatitan - I got 48 t using a (probably too high)
density of 0.8 kg/L. For Camarasaurus, being a bit more sturdy, I can
believe 80% of the weight of G. at a stretch. Thus, using a more
realistic density of 0.6 or 0.8 kg/L, you'd end up with at most 34 t.
___________________________________
Dr. Heinrich Mallison
Abteilung Forschung
Museum für Naturkunde - Leibniz-Institut
für Evolutions- und Biodiversitätsforschung
an der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Invalidenstrasse 43
10115 Berlin
Office phone: +49 (0)30 2093 8764
Email: heinrich.mallison@gmail.com
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
Gaius Julius Caesar