Re: Pterosaur flapping frequency question

That's a good source.  I also discuss it a bit here:
http://aeroevo.blogspot.com/2012/04/water-launch-some-nuts-and-bolts.html

If you want, you can contact me off-list; I would be happy to help you out.

--Mike Habib

On May 22, 2012, at 10:28 PM, John Wilkins wrote:

> Try here:
>
> http://style.org/unladenswallow/
>
> On 23/05/2012, at 12:23 PM, Augusto Haro wrote:
>
>> Dear all: I was reading on the flapping frequency of Pteranodon in
>> Stein (1975), which claims a wing stroke for second for an inferred 15
>> kg. Pteranodon. However, that weight is no longer considered the adult
>> weight, as far as I know. Do you know where can I read about the
>> relationship between wing stroke frequency relative to body mass, if
>> present?
>> Thank you in advance,
>> Augusto.
>
> --
> Dr. John S. Wilkins
> Philosopher and Historian of Science
> Associate Member
> Department of Philosophy, SOPHI
> The University of Sydney
> NSW, 2006, Australia
> P +61 401 876 366 E john@wilkins.id.au W www.evolvingthoughts.com
>
> Books
> Species: A History of The Idea UCalif Press
> Defining Species: A Sourcebook From Antiquity to Today Peter Lang Press
> Intelligent Design and Religion as a Natural Phenomenon Ashgate Press

Michael Habib
Assistant Professor of Biology
Chatham University
Woodland Road, Pittsburgh PA  15232