RE: Microraptor hanqingi, new species from China.

I am delurking for the time being to make what I think is a fairly simple
observation:

  The responses to this unlaudable series of papers, rife as they are with
problematic assertions, will only serve to reinforce to the authors what might
be termed as a persecution complex. Namely that one is like unto Galileo, in
that despite these responses he (or she) will be eventually proven right.
Pointing out facts typically does not dissuade people to believing the opposite
of their assertion, but rather reinforces that belief.

  If a person will not be persuaded, do not attempt to persuade them. Instead,
release a report that simply and plainly argues opposite that point, and move
on. Point to it when it is brought up, but do not stand and debate. Debating is
more fun to those who compel by social or emotional appeal, rather than through
reason and openness to contradictory statements, and in this I think there is
no "win" for those who argue against the "ABSRD" and "MANIAC" positions of
Burnham, Martin, Czercaks, Feduccia, et al..

  Further formal responses to Gong are the best, and I think only, way to
contradict the data.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)