Re: FW: Paravian claw studies

To have any hope of showing that bone cores accurately reflect the shape of
the keratin sheath would require showing this actually occurs in a large #
of extant birds, and in fossils. From what I have seen I so seriously doubt
that it does that it is not close to being worth my effort -- if someone
else wants to try go ahead. The way to account for problems in measuring
keration sheaths in a given fossil taxon is off course to measure as many
specimens as possible to see what the range is.

GSPaul</HTML>