Re: How is withholding access to published specimens ethical?

 Say I did have photos of Adasaurus and put a detailed description
 with photos up on The Theropod Database. Where's the harm? I can't
 scoop Barsbold- he named it when I was one year old!

Well, not all is in the name. You could scoop him on the full description, which would get a comparatively large number of citations.

...except... Barsbold is tenured and all, isn't he? He's been at the IGM for decades, right? He's not forced to inflate his impact factor by all legitimate means like a French scientist looking for a better job.

 Hmm. . .this sounds like the sort of issue that a major
 paleontological society might incorporate into its ethics statement.

Hmmmmm.

<ponder>
<ponder>