Re: Quetzalcoatlus could not jump into the air

Good point, This summer a pair of swans raised seven cygnets nearby, and I
watched the young ones take early flights over the water with fully-grown
wings. Their bodies were barely a foot above the water, but their long wings
stayed clearly above the surface as they flew. Obviously bird flight differs in
detail, but the big water birds suggest the big pterosaurs could have gotten
off the ground (or water).

--Jeff Hecht