Jixiangornis a junior synonym of Jeholornis

From: Ben Creisler

A new online advance paper:

Xia Wang, Gareth Dyke, and Pascal Godefroit (2012)
A new specimen of a Jeholornis-like long-tailed bird shows that
Jixiangornis is a junior synonym of Jeholornis prima.
Acta Palaeontologica Polonica (in press)
doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.4202/app.2012.0051

We describe a new specimen of a long-tailed bird from the Lower
Cretaceous Yixian Formation of China. Because this new specimen
exhibits characters seen in specimens referred to Jeholornis (e.g.
subequal manus:humerus lengths, radius:ulna shaft widths and the
absence of an intermetacarpal tubercle on metatarsal II) as well as
some seen in specimens referred to Jixiangornis (e.g. enlarged ungual,
strut-like coracoid) we argue that it demonstrates, most
parsimoniously, that these two named taxa are synonymous.