PeerJ, new journal

I thought this might be interesting for some of you. I just came across a new
open access, peer-review online journal named PeerJ (https://peerj.com/). This
journal has been inspired by PlosOne, but authors have to obtain a lifetime
membership prior to publication. The journal also has a pre-print section,
where drafts or incomplete manuscripts can be presented. What might be the
benefit of this when your work isn't finished or you didn't really start with
it yet (just wondering)? It seems to me that the journals hasn't published
anything yet (however, I didn't read the whole homepage of the journal).

Cheers, Michael