To: <ddkrentz@charter.net>; "DML" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 12:53 AM
Subject: RE: Media Giving Back to Science

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:04:55 -0800
From: ddkrentz@charter.net
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Media Giving Back to Science

Are there any successful or even lucrative instances of Paleontology being funded by a media project? So many films and docs use all your hard work, often with little- if any- compensation. How can they give something back to science and have both parties benefit mutually?

They don't .. because they believe that palaeontology is sufficiently financed by Gov't. Look at those $100 million institutes. We're on the gov't dole ... so we obviously have no funding worries. When was the last time you wrote out a $3000. cheque and gave it to a homeless person .. thinking that it would change their life ?? No. Because we think of the mental state they're in. We toss 2 quarters into their tin cup .. not to worry .. the gov't will take care of them. These film people operate in the free enterprise system. How do you think their going to look at us ?? Does this answer your question ??

dale