Re: Sinocalliopteryx (Theropoda: Compsognathidae) ate confuciusornithids and dromaeosaurids

Sparrows are interesting in  another way: they practice undulating
>> flight. [...]
>
> David .. I've also seen corvids [magpies] do this as well.

Corvids are passeriforms.

Undulating flight would be expected to be easier for small birds (muscle power scales with the cross-section area of muscles and thus with the square of body length, body mass scales with the cube of body length), but even the largest toucans (piciforms) do it, I hear.