RE: prearticular picture perhaps

  Tyrannosaur prearticulars are covered substantially in Carr's large papers on
cranial ontogeny, especially the 1999 one, while Currie (1995) described the
prearticular for *Dromaeosaurus albertensis*, and Ostrom did the same for
*Deinonychus antirrhopus*. *Masiakasaurus knopfleri* has a prearticular
described in all major views, from Carrano, Lowen and Sertich's 2011
supplemental osteology. Lingual views of *Velociraptor mongoliensis* mandibles
are few and far between due to the tendency of not preparing the material
apart, but leaving them _in situ_ for mounts or displays (the same is also true
of *Shuvuuia deserti*, and I am unaware of CT work presenting the hidden
information in either). Makovicky et al. describe an angular for *Byronosaurus
jaffei*, but CT doesn't reveal a prearticular labial to this structure;
regardless, the structure appears partially disarticulated from the associated
surangular and slightly underlies it, while possessing a strong upward
curvature of the rostral half of the preserved bone, implying it may be
"prearticular-shaped", though it also possesses a broad caudal half, which I
think firmly ensconces it as an angular with a C-shaped lateral aspect. Brochu
described the prearticular further for "Sue," while Barsbold (1983) assessed
the prearticular for MPC-D 100/42 briefly, agreeing with Cracraft's (1940)
assessment of *Caenagnathus collinsi* in that it is amazingly avian-like,
shallow and rodlike, and extends rostrally along the dorsal margin of the
splenial rather than ascends into a C-shaped aspect towards the coronoid
region. Osmólska (1972) described the prearticular for *Gallimimus bullatus*,
and Kobayashi and Barsbold (2004) describe the preserved remains of
prearticulars in *Garudimimus brevipes*, which is rostrally incomplete but
preserves a gentle slope dorsally as in *Gallimimus*. The prearticular region
is unfortunately obscured for *Harpymimus okladnikovi,* but partially exposed
in *Sinornithomimus dongi* (KObayashi & Lü, 2003) in which is preserves the
same g!
eneral mo
hology in other ornithomimosaurs.

Hope this helps.