Re: Romer's Gap tetrapod dig begins in Scotland (news story)

I didn't see any information about the diameter of the drill bore. Is this
just a shot in the dark? Unless they have a very large core drill they are
not likely to find very much of interest, in my opinion. I have seen
recognizable fossils turn up in four inch diameter cores, but this is
extraordinarily rare.

Clair Russell Ossian, PhD
Professor Emeritus, Geology
Tarrant County College