Re: Romer's Gap tetrapod dig begins in Scotland (news story)

I think the intent is to examine the stratigraphy and paleoenvironments and provide a framework for the fossil discoveries, not to hit a skeleton. If that happens,well that's just good luck.

I've almost completed a catalog of fossil vertebrate remains found in cores and it's more than one might think. A surprising number of them turned out to be types.

Dan