RE: Jurassic Park 4 - new dinosaur, no feathers

has to
> do with the pre-conceived notions about what Jurassic Park dinosaurs are
> supposed to look like and the audiences expectations,
for
> better or for worse.

What David said.

The "it's too expensive to do feathers" mantra that production companies use to
justify not doing modern dinosaurs is getting tired
and is inaccurate. Look at commercials, TV shows, etc.: CG birds and mammals
are rendered ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME!!  This is NOT the
reason they are doing it. They are doing it because of the reason Hollywood
does everything: ultimately, most people in Hollywood
are just involved in repackaging the same stuff over and over and over again,
because change is scary. This is true for scripts,
actors, plotlines, settings, and--yes--special effects.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/