Re: Jurassic Park 4 - new dinosaur, no feathers (saved from truncation)

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

This "science-be-damned" approach brings to mind the Owenesque
quadrupedal carnivorous dinosaur in Hammer Films' 1971
cavemen-lived-with-dinosaurs schlock epic When Dinosaurs Ruled the
Earth.

The movie's producer Aida Young reportedly thought bipedal theropods
with small forelimbs looked sexually effeminate and nixed a
Tyrannosaurus. The filmmakers substituted a totally invented--and
fairly clumsy-looking-- quadrupedal giant meat-eating dinosaur.

At least the Jurassic Park franchise has proved that bipedal theropods
with small forelimbs can be scary! Now to prove that feathered
theropods look scarier than naked ones...

http://public.wsu.edu/~delahoyd/wdrte.html

photos
http://monsterkidclassichorrorforum.yuku.com/topic/32232#.UWRFM5PvtcQ