Re: Jurassic Park 4 - new dinosaur, no feathers (saved from truncation)

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Donna Braginetz wrote:

Why was he worried about small arms making Tyrannosaurus look
effeminate? Obviously T. rex could carry a scantily clad cave woman in
his teeth as easily as the fictional dinosaur could.

---

I wanted to mention her bizarre objection a bit more delicately than
producer Aida Young herself did. The essence of her actual comments
can be seen on the weblinks I included.  She alluded to a derogatory
sexual stereotype in rejecting accurate theropod dinosaurs because of
the way the dinosaurs allegedly held their small "weak" forelimbs.
This was back in the unenlightened early 1970s, remember....

Here are the links again for the curious:

http://public.wsu.edu/~delahoyd/wdrte.html

photos
http://monsterkidclassichorrorforum.yuku.com/topic/32232#.UWRFM5PvtcQ