Re: BIRDS ARE SCARIER

Regarding earlier comments, why would the dino-bird be rainbow colored?
These things weren't parrots or peacocks.
Among birds that are flightless, or spend a lot of time on the ground, they are
ussually pretty drab.
Ostrich and Emu- drab -> Cassowary mostly black, bright head, lives on an
island with no large predators

Turkeys -> drab, even the males when not displaying, chickens-> pretty drab
Peacocks-> ok, but they *can* fly, and don't hide from their "prey"

The only evidence is of perhaps bands of light and dark, maybe some orange...
I'm thinking a red-tailed hawk coloration...

Use *raptors* as inspiration for the "velociraptors"

Eagles, Hawks, Falcons, etc are not thought of as wussy or effeminate. Eagles
are regarded as majestic, the symbol of powerful military forces and/or high
ideals from (at least) Roman times, to the 3rd reich, and the USA.

Look at the following images... and tell me that birdlike animals couldn't be
"cool" predators in a movie:

http://onebigphoto.com/uploads/2012/08/eagle-attacks-fox-thumb.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/28/article-2194968-14B87938000005DC-803_964x642.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PdOc0gLn4_Q/TKTo5t1zVOI/AAAAAAAAAm8/qv8ICGC_FWU/s1600/eagle-attacks-wolf-1.jpg

http://www.katahdinsshadow.com/images/FoxandEagle/EAGLEFOX.jpg

We aren't talking pigeons, chickens, and parrots here...  We should be talking
about the group of birds whose name these "movie monsters" are usurping!