Re: BIRDS ARE SCARIER

2013/4/10 Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au>:

> There is plenty of YouTube footage of Mongolians hunting wolves using golden
> eagles. The speed
> with which the eagles kill the wolves is impressive. The wolves are
> justifiably terrified of the birds.

Ok., but surely you, as most humans (and the fear interest in movies,
is the movie to be scary for humans), I guess, fear more an adult
croc, Komodo dragon, or a large or venomous snake than any eagle
living today. Some extinct predatory birds would likely be able to
easily kill us, but as they are removed from our present collective
experiences, I think they do not have the same effect. Or at least I
speak for myself in this (I can't claim all humans feel the same).