Re: BIRDS ARE SCARIER

On Thu, Apr 11th, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Paul P <turtlecroc@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Those must be some sad, malnourished little wolf runts. No
> eagle on this planet could kill a healthy wolf straight-up.
>
> Perhaps they are using a bunch of eagles..? I admit i haven't
> looked this up yet on youtube.

Prepare to be surprised then. A single adult golden eagle can bring down an
adult wolf literally in
seconds. Once the talons are fastened onto the head or throat and driven in
deep, the wolf is
history. The wolves know it too - of the many pieces of footage available, the
wolf is usually too
concerned about running for its life to attempt to fight back.

There is one piece of footage that shows a wolf attempting to retaliate though.
The wolf grabs the
eagle by the wing and thrashes it about. That's when a second eagle arrives and
finishes the wolf
off. The first eagle then gets back onto its feet having suffered little
apparent damage.

Dann Pigdon