RE: Microraptor also ate fish

> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 12:01:09 -0700

 Could Microraptors have plucked fish from the surface of the water, like
fishing bats and small shorebirds?  Microraptors' learning curve might've been
harder, leading to all the fossils.

> If microraptor exploited stranded fish episodically, as in times of periodic
> drought, the long feathers might have tended to drown them frequently - even
> though they were useful on a daily basis.

The feathers were splayed out at all times, and couldn't be folded back against
the limb?  (i always thought that was one of the earlier developments,
feather-wise; no?)