Re: Cretaceous Kem Kem Beds (Morocco) unbalanced food web with dinosaurs

I guess I was assuming (for the sake of speculation) that fish and
other aquatic organisms formed the basis of the food web, and that
spinosaurs were the main dinosaurian link between the fish and other
predators. That seems fundamentally different from cold, well-forested
Siberia (as opposed to the tropical, erratically vegetated Kem Kem
environment, according to the abstract here).

Aren't there plenty of other places in the world where large
terrestrial predators live near other? I mean, Africa has that in
plenty. Siberia is no exception in having a pretty typical ratio of
large terrestrial herbivores (various deer, boar, etc) to large
terrestrial predators (leopards, tigers, wolves, etc), and a normal
predator-prey ratio is apparently what the Kem Kem Beds lack.

That was the point: according to this study, there's an over-abundance
of large predators and not very many large herbivores in these beds.
That requires some explanation of how the trophic levels worked. The
only close-ish analogies I could recall are ones where the main source
of energy is coming from aquatic rather than terrestrial sources.