RE: Leptorhynchos, new caenagnathid theropod from Late Cretaceous of North America

The ICZN and ICBN do not compete. It is not necessary to rename an animal
"genus" when it is also a "genus" of plant.

However, Longrich DOES make an ICZN error when he failed to designate a proper
type species for *Leptorhynchos*. Fortunately, the ICZN Art. 70.1 suggests that
a previously assigned species should be assumed to be the type species, which
makes *Ornithomimus elegans* the type species of *Leptorhynchos*. I'll have
more on this on my blog. Please correct me here if i interpreted ICZN Art. 70.1
incorrectly.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)