Re: Leptorhynchos, new caenagnathid theropod from Late Cretaceous of North America

What Jaime said. There are already plenty of dinosaur-plant homonyms,
e.g. Gastonia.

But this is going to be a problem if we ever do enact a nomenclatural
code for all life. The [draft] PhyloCode has a recommendation for
addressing the issue here:
http://www.ohio.edu/phylocode/art10.html#rec10d

Thus if "Leptorhynchos" the plant genus and "Leptorhynchos" the animal
genus were ever converted to clade names under the PhyloCode, it
should be either as "Leptorhychos" (animal) and "Phyto-Leptorhynchos"
(plant), or preferably "Leptorhynchos" (plant) and "Zoo-Leptorhynchos"
(animal).

(That said, it's pretty questionable whether the name of a
monospecific genus is worth converting at all.)

--
T. Michael Keesey
http://tmkeesey.net/