RE: Leptorhynchos, new caenagnathid theropod from Late Cretaceous of North America

In my post below, I argued that ICZN Art. 70.1 allowed automatic type fixation.
I am incorrect on this score, as explained in the comments here:
http://qilong.wordpress.com/2013/04/25/an-oviraptorosaur-worth-the-name/ .

  Because of this, "Leptorhynchos" is an unavailable name. I have already
brought this up to Nick Longrich, the paper's chief author. I will inform the
DML and my Blog of any updates.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/

Backs)

> From: qi_leong@hotmail.com
> To: john-schneiderman@cox.net; dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: RE: Leptorhynchos, new caenagnathid theropod from Late Cretaceous of
> North America
> Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:54:24 -0600
>
> The ICZN and ICBN do not compete. It is not necessary to rename an animal
> "genus" when it is also a "genus" of plant.
>
> However, Longrich DOES make an ICZN error when he failed to designate a
> proper type species for *Leptorhynchos*. Fortunately, the ICZN Art. 70.1
> suggests that a previously assigned species should be assumed to be the type
> species, which makes *Ornithomimus elegans* the type species of
> *Leptorhynchos*. I'll have more on this on my blog. Please correct me here if
> i interpreted ICZN Art. 70.1 incorrectly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jaime A. Headden
> The Bite Stuff (site v2)
> http://qilong.wordpress.com/