Re: Microraptor also ate fish

Of course this hypothesis could be tested. The pes of Microraptor could be
modeled and analyzed to see if it could grip a branch, what diameters it
could grip, and how the tendons and flexor processes compare to roosting
birds of the same mass.

My point is that ALL correlations are analogs. This is comparative
morphology, so comparisons must be made. If you are using morphological
correlates then you are using analogs but you are apparently loathe to
admit it.