RE: Complaining

The type species of *Brontosaurus* is *excelsus*, whilst the type species of
*Apatosaurus* is *ajax*. The former is based on a partial, but purportedly
adult skeleton; the latter is based on a more complete, but juvenile skeleton.
It has been generally assumed that the types, while comparable in some aspects,
represent defacto the same "kind" of animal, though *excelsus* and *ajax* are
retained as separate species. One may make the case that *Brontosaurus* is
useful because *excelsus* itself is not a synonym itself, and the use of
binomial taxonomic nomenclature for most, if not all, dinosaur species.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/