Re: The skinny on Apato versus Brontosaurus

GSPaul <GSP1954@aol.com> wrote:

> As we all know, the results of cladograms shift around and
> about all the time. So they are of limited use in determining genera.

No.  Cladograms are of critical importance in determining genera, by
establishing which species form monophyletic taxa.  Whether or not
this cluster of species constitutes a single genus or multiple genera
is then matter of taste.

Yes, cladograms shift about.  No big deal.  And AFAIK no phylogenetic
analysis has recovered _Apatosaurus_ (including _Brontosaurus_ and
_Elosaurus_ type specimens) as anything other than monophyletic.

Cheers

Tim