RE: The skinny on Apato versus Brontosaurus

While I think your pessimism regarding the referral of non-articulated
Apatosaurus specimens is unwarranted, and find the current trend of "rebooting"
old species based on neotypes to be lazy, we can both agree these holotypes
need to be redescribed.  Based on how many of Marsh's and Cope's sauropods have
had their types redescribed in the last century (er... none?), I unfortunately
find your estimate of decades to be realistic or even optimistic.  By that
time, there may not be anyone left alive who remembers when even outdated
childrens' books used Brontosaurus.  Without the nostalgic/romantic impetus, I
doubt such a big deal will be made of Brontosaurus' possible validity.

Mickey Mortimer