Re: Complaining

A good while back I was appalled that during an SVP talk computer
simulation was used to show a sauropod skeleton walking with flexed arms. Told
the
researcher off as I recall. It was an example of why I am often skeptical of
computer simulations, their seeming authority can mislead folks. Don't think
the study ever made it into the technical literature, maybe someone wised
up. As I have shown, the distal condyles of the humerus were much more
distally directed than in flex armed ceratopsids, so sauropod elbows were
straight
in the manner of elephants rather than flexed ungulates. Since no one in the
technical literature restores sauropods with flexed elbows animators should
never do it, and those do so should be shot. OK that's too drastic.

GSPaul

In a message dated 4/29/13 11:29:37 PM, ddkrentz@charter.net writes:

<< > The sauropods were walking with absurdly

> flexed elbows.

 When ever I talk to animators about what NOT to do…THIS is near the top of
my list.  Makes me crazy. >>

</HTML>