Definitions of running (was RE: RE: Complaining)

Actually, it WAS the most traditional definition.

But the current definition is a dynamic one: running requires a compliant gait
(that is, the limb is most compressed at the midpoint of the stride). Compare
walking and jogging in place at exactly the same pace to understand the
difference.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216