Re: Icons

Australia's old paper banknotes were once awash with scientists - Joseph Banks,
Howard Florey,
Ian Clunies Ross and John Tebbutt. Since we changed to polymer banknotes, we
haven't had a
single scientist on them. Quite ironic, given that the development of BOPP
polymer banknotes was
achieved primarily by Australian scientists.

On Mon, Aug 5th, 2013 at 8:40 AM, "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <tholtz@umd.edu> wrote:

> But replacing it with Jane Austen. So it is sad we are losing one of the
> few cases of a scientist on a bank note, but replacing it with one of the
> few instances of an author on a bank note.
>
> On Sun, August 4, 2013 5:40 pm, dale mcinnes wrote:
> > Sad note here.
> >
> > Our Governor of the Bank of Canada and youngest central bank
> > governor among the G8 and G20 groups of nations .. 8 months
> > ago .. took the position of .. and is now the new Governor of
> > the Bank of England.
> >
> > He is now ridding the British 10 lb note of the image of
> > Charles Darwin.

Dann Pigdon