They did it again

As you recall, on 11/6/93 I wrote a letter of complaint to the WashPost
about the inaccuracies in a Sunday Mark Trail comic strip featuring dinosaurs.

They did it again. Today's MT is about the dinosaur. The text is OK, but
they show pterosaurs and a pelycosaur as though they are dinosaurs. Requires
another letter of complaint.

About a week ago the Red & Rover strip had the kid digging for dinosaurs.
When he found a chicken bone he claimed it was evidence that birds are
dinosaurs. Seems OK, except the strip is set in the late 60s early 70s (he
watches
Star Trek in afternoon syndication on a big tube TV), when we all knew that
Aves, Ornithischia and Saurischia all descended separately from the
Thecodontia, there being no such thing as a Dinosauria, duh.

GSPaul</HTML>