RE: They did it again

fauna of
> the Mesozoic.

And as an educator there is an obligation to try and bring the public into line
with scientific thinking. Don't think it doesn't
work! A lot more people today are aware that fungi are not plants or that
whales are not "fish" (at least in the actinopt sense) or
that Mars and the Moon are not stars than they were a century ago.

And to use your example: we don't have a common word for the "attractive big
zoo animal" category.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216