Re: New paper on modeling dinosaur physiology

On Tue, Aug 13th, 2013 at 10:11 AM, David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>
wrote:

> > Uninsulated small taxa, and all juveniles, presumably would have been
> > ectothermic, with
> consequent diurnal and
> > seasonal variations in body temperature.
>
> Are there any isotope data from whichever ones count as "small"?

And how can we be sure what small taxa were uninsulated? It's difficult to
prove the absence of
integument that would only fossilise under extremely rare preservational
conditions. Even in
deposits where integument fossilises well, individuals of the same species in
the same deposits can
preserve integument differently.

Dann Pigdon