Re: Juvenile hadrosaur scavenged by Squalicorax shark

There were a number of Cretaceous sharks comparable in shape and size to
modern pelagic predators. However, some of these were members of
now-extinct clades upon which modern forms are convergent.

On Thu, August 15, 2013 1:16 pm, Brian Hathaway wrote:

> very modern/recent looking shark to me - from the artist's rendition if I
> saw this in the ocean I probably wouldn't give it a 2nd thought - apart
> from making sure that a 16' shark wasn't about to be chomp me . . . was
> this species more or less equal to what we have today in some pelagic
> sharks?

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216