Re: Juvenile hadrosaur scavenged by Squalicorax shark and other news stories

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Thanks to an off-list tip, the article from Palaios may in fact be the
one listed below, which dates from 1997!! I suspect the news item on
the Discovery website may have been an attempt to tie the channel's
"Shark Week" (notorious this year for its "Megalodon" schlockumentary)
to dinosaurs in some way.

David R. Schwimmer, J. D. Stewart and G. Dent Williams (1997).
Scavenging by Sharks of the Genus Squalicorax in the Late Cretaceous
of North America. PALAIOS Vol. 12, No. 1 (Feb., 1997), pp. 71-83

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/3515295?uid=3739960&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21102555320043