Re: Fwd: Protoceratopsoid tails adapted for swimming

However, the majority of specimens of C. suchus would be deposited in
lacustrine or fluvial sediments, as they still live in aquatic
microenvironments. That is not the case of Protoceratops: it is buried in
eolian sandstones.

On Wed, December 4, 2013 6:47 pm, Dann Pigdon wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 5th, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Michael OSullivan
> <michael.osullivan@port.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> or to live in a desert....yes, I will keep harping on this.
>
> You'd be surprised how many aquatic creatures live in deserts. The West
> African crocodile
> (*Crocodylus suchus*) comes to mind.
>
> http://news.nationalgeographic.com.au/news/2002/06/0617_020618_croc.html
>
> --
>
> Dann Pigdon
> Spatial Data Analyst               Australian Dinosaurs
> Melbourne, Australia               http://home.alphalink.com.au/~dannj

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216