Re: Protoceratopsoid tails adapted for swimming

Working from the basic geometry, thermal shaping of the tail would predict
proportionally more extreme radiative architecture as size increases -- all
other things held constant.

Certainly an obligate intragenerational crossing of a croc filled river would
be classed as a survival event, and both swimming speed and herding behavior
would be advantageous.

Even if Mike finds the tail anatomy to be less than ideal, I would think wider
and flatter would an improvement over a mere 'broomstick', assuming there was
no interference wit terrestrial function.