Re: The Dinosaur Feather

On 12/9/2013 8:00 AM, GSP1954@aol.com wrote:
According to a review of the English translation in today's Wash Post (I
actually get the print edition), it seems that a S J Gazen murder mystery The
Dinosaur Feather has been a big hit in Denmark for a few years. The title is
not merely allegorical, the book is about the hellish murder of a Danish
paleontologist who works on bird origins (the reviewer correctly describes the
current state of the science). Most paleos being a weird and insular bunch
(this writer obviously excepted) we are of course prone to liquiditating one
another by ingenius means -- we lose one or two each SVP meeting. I admit I
did not know that Copenhagen is a hotbed of dinopaleo.

Brings to mind an old Far Side cartoon (which I was unable to find separately):

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1320&dat=19930507&id=fEZWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=buoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=1214,1932754

"Professor LaVonne had many enemies in the
entomological world, detective, but if you examine that
data label, you'll find exactly when and where
he was — shall we say — 'collected.' "