Re: Nanotyrannus and juvenile T.Rex

On Tue, December 10, 2013 9:11 pm, quailspg@frii.com wrote:
> More questions about small T. rexes:
>
> What's the deal with "Tinker"? No skull?

Tinker has essentially been removed from scientific study. If it makes its
way to a museum at some point, maybe we can study it.

> What is the small mounted tyrannosaur skeleton at the L.A. Museum?

A 2-year old Tyrannosaurus rex. So no more comparable to the Jane specimen
or Nano type than a toddler is to a middle schooler.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/